Sunday, May 27, 2012

My new baby, her name is Bobbie

Welcome home baby girl!  I have been MIA for the past couple of weeks because of her.  She needs a lot of attention right now (haha).  She is the Bernina 550 QE (quilter's edition).  She was the demo model at one of the local quilt shops and so I got a bit of a deal on her.  I have several quilts that are just flimsy tops right now but need to be made into quilts.  This baby has a stitch regulator foot that slows down and speeds up as it senses how fast the fabric is being moved.  So far I have had no skipped stitches or "toe grabbers".  The only thing I wish maybe I had was an embroidery unit, but for the price I couldn't pass her up.

Celebration quilt for Hope.

Quilting detail on the back (Izzie thinks its for her)
I finished up a quilt that was half done when my cheapo machine broke in November and now I am half done with baby quilt for cousin Jessica's baby girl.  It's not a very girly quilt, but I hope she will like it any ways.  Lots of bright colors and contrasting black and white to keep her visually stimulated.

As for the weather in these parts, hot, hot, hot.  I have been at the pool with #3 son quite a bit this past week.  I realize when in a swimsuit just how out of shape I have gotten.  I have decided to start weight watchers.  Not a good weekend with the holiday and #1 son's 18th birthday, but no time like the present, right?  I have paid for 3 months of the on line version (with a discount of course).  After that I will probably not pay any more for the tracker.  It is very similar to a free app called Lose It and I find the Lose It app to be more user friendly-and free.  Weigh in day is Friday.  My first goal is a 5% loss.

Here's to summer! Stay cool.

1 comment:

  1. Melissa, I love the quilting you've done on the back of this! This was one you shared at show 'n tell the other night, right? The quilting is lots of fun!!

    Thanks again for the coasters ... I made a set last night -- just need to quilt them. Using that method made them go together super fast and easy! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete