Monday, May 7, 2012

Another book to add to the done list

"The fourth book in the popular Elm Creek Quilts series explores a question that has long captured the imagination of quilters and historians alike: Did stationmasters of the Underground Railroad use quilts to signal to fugitive slaves? In THE RUNAWAY QUILT, Jennifer Chiaverini revisits the legends of Elm Creek Manor as Sylvia Compson discovers evidence of her ancestors' courageous involvement in the Underground Railroad." from http://elmcreek.net/books

I really enjoy historical type fiction books.  I think it makes me feel I am at least learning a little something and not just wasting time. It took me a while to find this one of the series, I finally found it in the large print section of the library. It is hard for me to pay lots of money for something that will last me less than a week.  Now I can get back to reading the series in the proper order :0) Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment