Saturday, November 24, 2012

My latest finish


This always makes me laugh out loud. I hope your turkey did not end up on the floor! I cooked ours on convect roast with the thermometer probe plugged into the oven.  It was juicy and delicious and cooked in about half the time.  That was not in the plan but we made it work. 

I have completed my first t-shirt quilt for someone else.  Here are the shirts cut out.
Quilt on Cinnamon. 
Look at the cute apple core quilt on the wall. That one is next. I am being challenged by the non-straight edges on it. I found a variegated thread that matches the sweet florals in the fabrics. 

After cutting out the shirts I didn't feel like doing a straight sashing, so I checked with the owner and it was okay to get creative. I did ask for color choices and here is what I came up with. It took a lot longer than I had planned but I am pleased with the results. I also bound it by machine, which is a first for me. I am not super happy with that, it looks a bit sloppy, but it  took a fraction of the time.  I wasn't looking forward to spending the whole weekend turning the binding. It is pretty big, 80 x 90, and heavy. 

Now to start her second one, for a son currently serving our country in Afghanistan. 

After getting the binding done in a flash I spent Black Friday sewing for myself yesterday.  Maybe we will go shopping today? Maybe not. Have a pleasant rest of the weekend. 



No comments:

Post a Comment