Monday, April 23, 2012

Polywogs


I sent the picture from my phone with a lot of words, but apparently the words did not make it here.  So I will add them now. 

These are our polywogs.  They came in the mail as embryos that quickly became tadpoles.  They were teeny.  One of them actually has front and back legs now.  He is the smallest of the batch, so I named him Wilbur.  My kids have no idea what that is in reference too.  It must be time for a Charlotte's Web review!

Hubby is distressed about the tank of creatures in our kitchen, but overall being a good sport about it.  I am fascinated by the changes taking place in these creatures.  The complexity of God's nature never ceases to amaze me. 

The best part of this little "project" is the excitement in my oldest son about it.  He loves showing them off to his friends.  When they arrived in the mail he RAN to the mailbox to greet them.  I don't think I have ever, ever seen him get so excited about anything.  He is the ultimate Joe Cool.  I think he needs to explore some sort of career that involves animals.....

No comments:

Post a Comment