Friday, October 14, 2011

Photography Walk

Pumpkins at the Farmer's Market in Franklin, TN
Seats in the old theater in Franklin
A couple of weekends ago I participated in the Scott Kelby Worldwide Photo Walk.  This was the fourth annual walk.  My first one was two years ago and I have yet to walk in my home town.  The last one happened while I was visiting West Virginia and so I got to see Charleston, WV.  This time when I went on-line to sign up there was not one scheduled here in Huntsville, AL.  The next closest one was in Franklin, TN, which is just south of Nashville.  It is about 2 hours from home.  I was a little disappointed in the loop I chose to walk but think I got a few decent shots.  The one I submitted did not win out of the 50 walkers but did get an honorable mention.  I think about 15 of those were chosen.

Front door of an old house turned
 into a music shop in Franklin. 
If you are wondering what a photo walk is, it is when a photog or group of them spend an allotted amount of time to just walk around a specified area and shoot pictures.  This particular one is organized by a professional photographer and there are over a thousand that happen on the same weekend.  Each walk chooses a best picture and those winners compete against the other winners from all over the world.  Google Scott Kelby Worldwide Photo walk 2011 to see what its all about.  They haven't chosen this years winner yet, but you can access last years.  Its pretty cool.



One of the mushrooms in a "fairy circle" in the cemetery


These are my  faves from this year.  The pumpkin top is the one I submitted for the competition.

Window on an abandoned house
Flowers growing in rocks
along the sidewalk
At the Farmer's Market

No comments:

Post a Comment