Friday, August 19, 2011

Finished project


Here is a cute little quilt that was made from a kit I picked up at Tuesday Morning. It is about 32 inches square. After piecing and quilting feather designs in each square and binding it I hung it up for this pic and it was not until then I discovered that the row on the left was sewn on backwards. It is supposed to have a zig-zag pattern. At least my puppy does not notice my imperfections. This easy peasy quilt was made for her. I refuse to believe she is a spoiled dog.

And these are pea"mutt"butter cookies I made for her.  My DH really thinks  I need to get a job.  A little too much time on my hands perhaps?  I just like knowing what exactly is in the food we all are consuming.  There are literally 5 ingredients in these.  The recipe is from The Doggy Bone Cookbook by Michele Bledsoe.  I picked it up at Barnes and Noble and it even came with the bone shaped cookie cutter.  Maybe she is just a little spoiled.  But who can blame me after all she has been through in her little life? 

As for occupying my time, yesterday I did a training class to be able to help the Children's Advocacy Center by going into schools and teaching 3rd, 5th, and 7th graders about child abuse awareness.  I will also volunteer at the center.  Next week I am signed up for a First Aid class and CPR.  With the first aid I plan to volunteer at the high school in the first aid room and I will get those continuing education units I am needing to apply for my Alabama nursing license.  With that I might apply to be a substitute school nurse.  

Oh, and here is this week's completed project.  They are 3 zippered pouches that nest inside one another.  I was inspired by my dear friend to quilt the fabric for these a la "Vera Bradley style." It took about twice as long to complete a set of them this way, so will consider this in the future.  They turned out cute though.  I have created an Etsy account but have yet to list anything.  Maybe these are a candidate.

No comments:

Post a Comment