Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Passing the Time

Here is my photo journal for the past week or so. These are historic times but I cannot bear to watch much news. I am doing as asked and staying in, if not for the good of our resources and healthcare system then because I have no desire to get sick with his horrific virus. It is mind boggling that the Walmart parking lot is as full as at Christmas time.  

I have come to realize that I am more of an introvert than I realized. While I do miss the freedom to go where I want when I want I pretty much have all I need between home and my studio. I am very grateful to have my studio separate from my home and just 1.3 miles away. I am able to go be socially isolated there and have one customer at a time come pick up or drop off their quilts. I am getting quite a lot done not having other obligations. I do miss working in the schools and seeing the kids a couple of times a week though, plus the high school activities I was helping with (band, theater, etc).  There is quite a bit I could feel sorry about, but in the scope of the global crisis it would be silly to entertain this. Being able to have a place to go has probably helped my son more than me, I would probably drive him crazy if I were home more. 

So here is what I have been up to. 
This is one of my UFOs getting quite a bit of work done on getting the string appliquéd around the borders. 
I ordered a new cutting mat. The one on the right is probably over 8 years old and is not self healing any longer. I do use it a lot. You can see how faded it is compared to the new one on the left.

Max being cute. Needs to be groomed desperately. 

Another UFO I found, its about 12 x 10 inches. From a mini quilt of the month pattern I got many years ago. I made this over 3 years ago and it just needed binding, so I added that today. Took about an hour. 


These two are different sashing options for Long Time Gone, white or green. The pattern calls for gray but I don't have enough. So I will pick something else. I still need to make about 5 or 6 pineapple blocks but wanted to pick the sashing so I can feel like this project is moving along. What do you like, white or green?  


This was quilted for my friend Pam. It's a quilt she made a while ago, a BOM sampler. She added borders to get it up to king size and is gifting it to a friend as a wedding gift. 


This was quilted for Cecilia B with a pretty floral edge to edge. 



This was quilted for Dana L. A small lap quilt with modern edge to edge. I also finished a table topper for her but forgot to get pictures of it. 

Tulips in the neighbors yard. 

Orchids in bloom and weeds in my yard. 

A baby girl quilt top finished for a great niece, Aubrey Elizabeth, born a couple of weeks ago, just in time for the chaos of today. I will quilt it next week probably, if I have a pink backing. I may need to order on line. 

Bees in the holly bush. The blossoms smell so sweet!

Friday night I was going to order pizza from my favorite place, Big Ed's, but the phone line was busy, busy, busy. I had stuff to make our own, so we did. Chandler is finally going to learn to cook, just in time to go away to college. 







         
Max and I have taken nice long 4 mile walks the past two Sundays. It has been nice to walk the neighborhood and see all of the Spring blooms. After our walk we watch church, Weatherly Assembly, on YouTube. Just trying to keep something sort of the same. 


Another thing that hasn't changed is that I don't like to cook on Sunday. So this week we got take out Chinese from Ding How II. I love their shrimp fried rice and won ton soup. I have exhausted the comfort meals this week. Even Chandler asked for something more healthy, lol. 

Just me alone at "The Hive" being socially isolated. Thank goodness for audiobooks, Podcasts, and No Shoes Radio on Sirius XM!

What are you doing to stay occupied during these unprecedented times? 


No comments:

Post a Comment