Monday, October 27, 2014

Day one IQF quilt show

II mentioned awhile back I was invited to work in Houston at the International Quilt Festival. The time has finally arrived. Sunday was day one. 

I woke up early for a 7 a.m. flight from Huntsville through Atlanta to Houston. When boarding the full plane in Atlanta there was a brief Ben Stiller moment (think meet the parents) with the boarding agent. She didn't call "group three" to board and there were about five people left so I just went to get on and she said we aren't  boarding group three yet. And in about 2 seconds she said "okay, now boarding group three". I thought it was funny. Art imitating life or vice versa.  

After an uneventful flight I caught a shuttle to the convention center (luggage in tow) and went straight to work learning  one of my jobs. I am working with about 20 people from all over the country. Sunday and Monday I am working with Barbara Black checking in the teachers. It is awesome to meet the teachers and quilters whose books I have bought,read, and followed. 

After a full day about 12 of us went to a local authentic Mexican restaurant called Ninfa's. The wait was forever and the food mediocre and expensive  unfortunately.  After 9 pm I finally got checked into the Hyatt. Nicest hotel I have probably ever been in (besides the Grand Wailea in Maui). 

More exciting adventure to come. 


No comments:

Post a Comment