Sunday, July 8, 2012

New quilt project?

No relation to post, just thought it was funny
I came across a new mystery quilt/block of the month/blog hop starting nowish.  Christmas town is the name of it and it is being put out by four friends.  Each month you go to each blog site to get their pattern.  I have been wanting to do a "houses" quilt and but didn't want one for my full time quilt, so a seasonal Christmas one will fit the bill nicely. (If you click on Christmas town above it should take you to one and from there you can find the other three)

Now to find the time.... I had been wanting to do a block swap since I have not ever participated in one before.  It must be the time of year because the guild is starting a round robin row and another guild member is starting one also.  The problem is that these will be finishing up around December and I am afraid of not having the time. Plus I have to come up with a theme. I am just thankful that this is my dilemma in life right now :0)

Today Jackson and I are headed to Opelika for another golf tournament and Chandler goes to sleep away camp for 5 nights. At least a "cold front" has come through.  It is supposed to be high of 90 Tuesday. I might need a sweater, ha!

2 comments:

  1. Haha! I have been avoiding looking at Judy's Christmas Town Sampler too closely, so I don't feel overcome with the need to participate! LOL! I know my limitations...I just don't always honor them! Hey -- it sounded like maybe Stitcher's was going to do the Round Robin Row thing *after* Christmas! In the meantime, you could always participate in the Doll Quilt Swap I'm in -- they take new members any time and if a particular month isn't going to be good for you, you can opt out for that month. I've had a lot of fun with it!! Hope you have a good day! Will you be there Tuesday or Saturday?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. could you pack up the machine and a BIG NASTY LONG extension cord? maybe you could quilt on the backside of the golf club?? BTW...... I still miss you in Texas.

    ReplyDelete