Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Where did the summer go?

So... I have been pretty busy with my little quilting business. Which is a good thing. But I have mommy guilt that I haven't spent enough time with my 11 year old doing incredibly fun and adventurous things this summer, and school starts Monday!




One cool thing is nature. My garden is pretty pitiful looking. The abundance of rain and then lack of it has left the tomatoes cracked. Last year's parsley was kinda out of control, and then it wasn't. Where did it all go. When I went to use some I found these guys.






This chrysalis/cocoon should hatch in about 4 weeks. I wonder what it will be. I have seen a lot of black and blue butterflies around. Or maybe a monarch? Time will tell.  

Off topic, I wonder why only half of this post posted last try without pictures... 
Happy Fall! 

No comments:

Post a Comment